Tuesday 11 June 2013

About me...

I have been collecting, painting, converting and gaming with wargames miniatures since the late 80's. After collecting many armies worth of miniatures I stopped for about 6 years. I found that I simply didn't have enough time to dedicate to wargaming so it fell by the wayside. Well now I am back. I have returned to a world where GW is now something like a gaming McDonalds (appeal to the masses, but with the odd tasty treat). I have also found that to collect a reasonable army you now need to be either a) an investment banker or b) sell a kidney to fund your gaming habit. Luckily I have found that the use of Dettol, a toothpick and a toothbrush can remove pretty much any paint job quickly, enabling me to start to repaint all of my old figures to a better standard than I have managed before (which I think were pretty good, although the 'new' GW paints seem to be light years better than their old ones I used so much).

I will post some pictures of my progress at paint stripping soon, and in the future add pics of my Futuristic/Necromunda, Wood Elves and my new project, Imperial Guard.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you on here. Hope to see you posting some pics of your collection up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It won't be long. Every spare moment is being spent cleaning up old figures ready for repainting currently. The whole house has a perma smell of Dettol...

    ReplyDelete